26. March 2012 19:30
What if I told you that, in time, the pain will go away? That, years from now, you will look fondly on the good memories of your pet without your heart breaking? Well, it’s not only possible; it’s true. According to popular psychology, there is a process of grieving that most people go through when dealing with a loss. Understanding this process will help you see the light at the end of the tunnel of grief. The theory of coping with death was developed by Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross and is easily recognized by the acronym DABDA: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance. Briefly, each stage of coping is described below:
- Denial -- “There’s no way this could be happening to me."
- Anger -- "Why me? I don’t deserve this.”
- Bargaining -- “Maybe if I tried this new medication or procedure, he wouldn’t die.”
- Depression -- “I don’t know how to deal with this. I’m just so sad.”
- Acceptance -- “It will be okay. I can accept this.”
When grieving a loss of a pet (or any other loved one), it’s important to know that emotions like anger and denial are normal and that, although you may always miss your best friend, you will one day be able to move on. If your emotions seem too much to handle on your own, don’t feel bad about seeking help, either from friends or from a professional. You can also consider letting Best Friend Services help you choose the best pet memorial for your dog, cat or other pet. When you’ve moved through the grieving process, you’ll be thankful you’ve chosen to memorialize your loved one in such a special way. Having a physical remembrance in place for your pet can help you to find closure to the grieving process.
7. March 2012 09:00
You may be prepared for the loss of your own pet, but what about your friends and family? Do they have a plan in place? Often times, when faced with the impending death of a loved one, people forget to ask some of the questions that should seem obvious: Will the pet be buried or cremated? How will we tell the kids? Will we hold a service? So, when a friend experiences a loss, there are plenty of ways you can help soften the blow and take care of some of the details for them. Some ideas for how you can help:
- Arrange a casual gathering to share memories of and stories about the family pet. Plan it at a comfortable place with familiar friends and good food.
- Create a photo album of pet photos as a gift for your friend. If you can make it a surprise, it might be even more special to them.
- Bring your friend a homemade meal on their first day without their pet to give them a day off. Offer to eat the meal with them--they may want company. (Or they may not! Always ask first.)
- Help them choose a way to commemorate their pet in a more permanent way with a memorial plaque or urn. Best Friend Services offers various options for the perfect gift. But, if you can't decide which product is best, one safe bet is a Best Friends Services gift certificate.
No matter how you choose to help your friend mourn their loss, remember that being present and available to help is the best thing you can do. The rest will fall into place.
14. October 2011 07:27
Best Friend Services is a company that strives to help customers honor their pets appropriately and with love. We understand that losing a pet is like losing someone in your family or a best friend. We want to mourn with you and offer a variety of products that allow you to commemorate your lost pet.
If you are looking for something that keeps the memory of your lost pet with you forever then Best Friend Services has a variety of elegant pet urns and pet jewelry perfect for this occasion. The urns are hand-crafted with beautiful hardwoods, marble, and precious metals. The gorgeous jewelry is available in silver or gold and has a variety of styles to fit your needs perfectly. Some of the products are available specific for dogs or cats.
Best Friend Services makes these products because it is a part of the grieving process you go through when you lose a pet. The pet urns are a way of honoring your pet and keeping their memory with you always. If you or a friend are going through this hard time, please take a moment to look at the products available. Let us help you through this process.
30. September 2011 23:10
When you lose a pet that is close to you, it is one of the hardest things to go through. It is important to honor and remember your pet just like you would a special person in your life. This pet was another member of your family and giving him or her the proper burial is part of the grieving process.
Best Friend Services know what it is like to lose a member of the family and wants to help you through the grieving process. A great way to honor your pet is by keeping them close to you through a hand-carved urn. The Paw Print brass vase design is the highest quality and one of the featured urns this month. These vases truly are a thing of beauty because old-world artisans from India carved them. The gorgeous vase comes with a threaded screw-on top that makes it easy and safe to keep around.
This Paw Print, hand-carved vase is a beautiful and elegant way to remember your beloved pet. Take a moment to check out this incredible urn that helps bring closure to a difficult situation.